Through the initiative of our french members, ELARD is happy to announce our contribution to the 8th cohesion policy report! We hope that this contribution will be taken into account from decisionmakers and policymakers and make it possible for the local, rural level to really contribute to a stronger, resilient, connected and prosperous Europe!
- Encourage territorial and inter-fund approaches, based on fundamental principles ofcommunity-led local development and LEADER-CLLD, in order to increase the overall financialsupport of the European Union for rural development;
- Initiate a European rural agenda that meets the needs of rural territories – and takes intoaccount the specific requirements of areas facing natural constraints – through multifund financing  with earmarking of at least 8% for CLLD. This would also ensure a moreconsistent interaction with urban areas in designing our common European future;
- Develop a stronger rural proofing for all policies and create a permanent Committee for Ruralareas that will be independent from the European Parliament’s Agriculture and RuralDevelopment Committee;
- Implement a single inter-fund regulation for the post-2027 period as a key issue in terms of simplification.
- Create opportunities for urban-rural cooperation when building projects and mobilising funds;
- Promote a greater use of local development led by local actors approach, in particular by supporting the fundamentals and funding of the LEADER-CLLD approach and by giving the Local Action Groups a role of major partners in European policies.
Find the full contribution here: http://elard.eu/positions/