Under the thematic priority “A Europe closer to citizens”, the workshop on ‘Capitalising on diversity in local development’ organized and led by LDnet Association in partnership with
Under the thematic priority “A Europe closer to citizens”, the workshop on ‘Capitalising on diversity in local development’ organized and led by LDnet Association in partnership with ELARD taking place at EWRC 2019 on the 9th October 2019, from 09:15 to 10:45 will show that bottom-up approaches to local development, such as CLLD, have embraced the challenge to ensure gender equal and more diverse participation and engage people left out of mainstream development strategies.
The workshop will start with urban and rural case studies from different parts of Europe that illustrate how different groups especially women, minorities and young people have been engaged in designing and implementing local strategies.
The case studies will then be discussed by a knowledgeable panel – moderated by Peter Ramsden (Expert on local, urban and regional economic development, Freiss Ltd & LDnet board member, United Kingdom) and the following speakers:
- Sally Kneeshaw, Gender Equality Expert, Kneeshawconsulting, United Kingdom
- Linda Gustafsson, Gender equality officer and co-ordinator of the Commission on social sustainability in the city of Umeå, City of Umeå, Sweden
- Urszula Budzich-Tabor, Expert on CLLD, FARNET & LDnet Vice President, Belgium
- Pietro Verga, Expert on CLLD, Independent Researcher & Local Development Consultant, Italy
- François Galabrun, director, AMCM / GAL de l’EST-AUDOIS, France
- Marina Martínez and Mireia Albors, Social Sducators involved in the implementation of Community Action in the B-MINCOME Project, Municipality of Barcelona, Spain
- Rui Franco, Urban CLLD, Lisbon CLLD Network, Municipality of Lisbon, Portugal.
The workshop will be held at Building SQUARE – Brussels Convention Centre, Room 214+216, Mont des Arts, 1000 Brussels. The session number is 09WS432.
(Wednesday) 00:00 - 23:59