Regional Growth Conference
Be sure to register by Friday, May 28 & view Health & Safety Guide here. The conference will be conducted in Greek and English; simultaneous interpretation will be provided.
The conference will be conducted in Greek and English; simultaneous interpretation will be provided. The conference will be streamed on the RGC website as well as RGC’s Facebook and YouTube pages.
Please, see the homepage of the event and the full programme here:
You may find Achaia Development agency and ELARD on the 4th of June at 10:40-12:00 (Athens time)
10:40 – 12:00 SESSION 16
Local Governance – Community-Led Local Development
As the second pillar of the common agricultural policy (CAP), the EU’s rural development policy is designed to support rural areas of the Union
and meet the wide range of economic, environmental and societal challenges of the 21st century. A higher degree of flexibility enables regional,
national and local authorities to formulate their individual multiannual rural development programs based on an European ‘menu of measures’.
Contrary to the first pillar, which is entirely financed by the EU, the second pillar programs are co-financed by EU funds and regional or national
funds.2021 marks 30 years since the launch of the LEADER Community Initiative in Europe and Greece. Greece’s countryside is gradually
strengthened and becoming more resistant to challenges through “Community-led Local Development. Promoting ‘locality’ in the New
Programming Period is an important advantage of CLLD, through the use and enhancement of the role of Local Action Groups. The European
Commission’s aim is to dismantle the barriers between funds and so boost synergy and coherence at both local and regional level.
Co-Organizer: : ACHAIA – DEVELOPMENT AGENCY S.A
- Giannis Oikonomou, Deputy Minister of Rural Development & Food
- Athanasios Papadopoulos, Mayor of Kalavrita, President of Achaia – Development Agency S.A.
- Georgios Mathioudakis, Policy Coordinator, Conception & Consistency Rural Development, DG Agri (v)
- Marion Eckardt, President, European Leader Association for Rural Development (v)
- Michalis Skordas, President of Greek Network LEADER
- Iro Tsimpri, General Director, Achaia – Development Agency S.A.
- Moderator: Gogo Katseli, Journalist, Eletheros Typos
3 (Thursday) 10:00 - 5 (Saturday) 16:00