The European week of Regions and Cities have had more applications for partnership than ever, and ELARD with partners will be there hosting the workshop “Co-creating the restart of Europe on local level – how to use Community Led Local Development in the recovery work and building resilience in local communities”!
The EWRC will this year be completed virtually and stretched over 3 weeks. Our workshop will take place some time between 5-9th of October. Our partners are: Radim Sršeň (Committee of the Regions) Hartmut Berndt (BAG LAG), Kristiina Tammets (Estonian LEADER Union), Marjo Tolvanen (SYTY – Finnish Village Movement), Felicia Edholm (LUS – Local Development Sweden)
This workshop starts with introductory speeches on strengths and possibilities of CLLD in shaping resilient communities and contributing to recovery work.
- Short background on CLLD and the LEADER-method (Marion Eckardt, ELARD)
- How does CLLD allow citizens to co-create European policy in a multilevel governance? (Radim Sršeň, CoR)
- Case examples on:
- A greaner Europe through engaged citizens (Hartmut Berndt, BAG LAG)
- Co-creating to support smart villages (Kristiina Tammets (Estii LEADER Lit)
- CLLD and co-creating in urban areas (Marjo Tolvanen, SYTY – Finnish Village Movement)
- Empowering youth with CLLD (Felicia Edholm, LUS – Local Development Sweden)
The workshop will explore the themes of:
- how can LAGs contribute to recovery and resilience in the working field (geographical and thematically) of the participants of the workshop?
- how can regional and local authorities cooperate with LAGs and what themes in recovery and resilience could benefit from co-creating with citizens?
Methods used in the workshop will be world-café (through breakout rooms) and circles, finishing up with wrapping up session.
See you there!